Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — August 11, 2019
1/ President Titensor
- Zone leaders and Sister Training leaders will only have flip phones for a short time longer, now that the new missionary app is available. We can communicate with them by using Google Hangout.
- Check out the My Missionary App tutorial on the portal.
2/ President Rahlf
- Utilize the branch missionaries.
- There will no longer be Sunday night movies. The new missionaries, however, will watch ‘Character of Christ’.
- There will be curriculum changes coming soon.
3/ Nathan Gibbons, director of the counseling center
- Thank you for your herculean efforts.
- Our goal is to help the missionaries have a successful mission, serving in good emotional health.
4/ Sister LeSueur
- President Hinckley said that we must add to our knowledge regularly. He said he relished the opportunity to learn, both spiritual matters and educational matters. He said the schooling of the spirit is just as important as all other types of schooling.
- Help the missionaries in the schooling of the spirit. Matthew 11:28-30.
- Learn of the Savior and emulate His life.
- Elder Terence Vinson has a wonderful article relating to this goal in the most recent Ensign. Knowledge and wisdom are both essential. Read Doctrine and Covenants 88:118. Learn by study and also by faith, by reason and by revelation.
5/ President LeSueur
- Bruce Nilsson converted all his neighbors. He has shown me a book with pictures and articles of all the people he has converted since his mission.
- Missionaries improve as they are exposed to other miracles, so you will be receiving ‘transfers’. We want all of you to see the good things that happen in other branches. We want you to learn as much as you can from each other. I am presenting the skeleton to you now, and we will be ‘hanging meat on the bones’ in the weeks to come.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index