Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — March 22, 2020
1/ President LeSueur
- Draw-down guidelines
- Missionaries will travel to their destinations (assigned, re-assigned, or home on temporary leave) by Friday, March 27th.
- All leaders will be placed on leave and notices sent to stake presidents on Friday, March 27th.
- Leaders ‘timing-out’ during the leave will continue to be released on schedule.
- Directions for this week
- Sunday (today)
- Doctrinal teaching as scheduled
- Departure devotional broadcast as scheduled with ALL missionaries attending
- Devotional broadcast as scheduled, with President and Sister Moon speaking
- Devotional broadcast as scheduled, with Elder Robert C. Gay speaking
- Normal devotional reviews after Elder Gay’s talk
- Leaders will be placed on ‘leave’
- We may ask a few leaders to assist us next Sunday if we still have a few missionaries remaining
- Emails will be sent to the stake presidents of all leaders, instructing them concerning your ‘leave’ status
- Restart, reboot
- It is impossible to forecast the circumstances under which the training center will restart. When that might be, how many missionaries will initially be re-entering, and the exact status of the COVID-19 environment are all unknowns at this point. Please know that your health and well-being, along with the well-being of the missionaries, will drive all future decisions.
- It is possible that there will be a ‘paradigm shift’ when the MTC reboots
- Sunday (today)
- 1800 missionaries left the Philippines yesterday (March 21) on 5 jets chartered by the Church. 43 missions were effected. This move depleted the Philippine missionary numbers by 80%.
- Always remember, this is Christ’s church, He is in charge, He is in control of the situation.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index