Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — March 18, 2018
Ecclesiastical training, March 18, 2018
- Mark Jarman spoke about MTC training. He said
- Be sure to emphasize the missionary purpose
- Teachers at the MTC emphasize how to plan for and teach lessons
- Learning the language is critical
- Technology safeguards must be in place
- MTC ecclesiastical leaders should:
- Emphasize gospel doctrine
- Emphasize the use of scriptures as we teach
- Emphasize how to recognize and respond to the Spirit
- Emphasize individual spirituality and strength of testimony.
- Coming in the future: using core scriptures that teach gospel truths simply, and the need of simple, direct explanations of core doctrine.
- What is doctrine? Basic, core beliefs, eternal truths that deal with salvation. Doctrine is constant, unvarying, and answers “why” questions.
- Topics: doctrinal mastery, Godhead, Plan of Salvation, Atonement of Jesus, Dispensations – apostasy – restoration, revelation, priesthood, priesthood keys, ordinances, covenants, marriage and family, commandments
- 1 Nephi 17:6, Mosiah 4:9, D&C 130:22, God is our Father, We are His children, God has a body, God loves us, God wants us to communicate with Him, we show our love by keeping his commandments.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index