Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — March 8, 2020
1/ Sister Julie Durrant
- Teaching counsels will begin this month.
- What was Jesus’ occupation? He would have to be a teacher. He is our ideal teacher.
- Teach like Jesus. It is a sacred trust. Follow His example.
- Elder Packer said that being a Christ-like teacher is a gift that must be earned. The gift then needs to be nourished.
- How did Jesus teach? He used stories, parables, object lessons, analogies, he asked questions, bore testimony, extended invitations, and He allowed his students to bear testimony. With whatever technique He used, He taught pure doctrine.
- When we teach our missionaries, we need to allow them to bear testimony.
- The course of study will be drawn from Chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel and from ‘Teaching in the Saviors’ Way’.
- Jesus was the Master Teacher. Our goal is to be like Him.
2/ Sister LeSueur
- Someone has said that the biggest tragedy of this life is that so many of us live far below our potential.
- Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin urged us to ‘always improve’. President Kimball urged us to lengthen our strides and enlarge our visions. Elder Maxwell spoke of the ‘possibility to become’.
- When should teach our missionaries to:
- Take responsibility for what they want to become
- Stay focused on their purpose
- Use their time wisely
- Have the courage to be different from the world
- Lose themselves in the service of the Lord
- Keep their testimonies burning brightly by fasting, praying, studying the scriptures, and being obedient
- Reach their full potential
3/ President LeSueur
- New changes at the Training Center due to ‘health concerns’:
- Only branch presidents and their wives will come to the Training Center on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Counselors will come only on Tuesday nights, and the two couple will rotate every other Tuesday.
- Counselors can be called on for other assignments when urgency demands it.
- Branch presidency meetings will be done with FaceTime. Counselors could also participate in the Thursday welcome meeting via FaceTime.
- Ecclesiastical leaders and senior missionaries are to eat in D100, not with the young missionaries.
- One one district president and his wife will be at the Training Center on any given evening.
- If you are sick in any way, do not come to the Training Center.
- If you are susceptible to sickness, inform us and you will be excused from service at the Training Center.
- Stay 6 feet away from the missionaries and other leaders.
- Temple attendance is now suspended for the missionaries.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index