Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — January 13, 2019
1/ Sister TItensor
- We have 3 sons and 1 daughter. They all served missions. We have 5 granddaughters.
- Sweet is the work, and the joy found therein.
- We know of a sister missionary that received her testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon in the Provo MTC! An ecclesiastical sister reached out to her and encouraged her to seek the answer. She was very grateful. Hence, you can truly touch lives during your service here at the MTC.
- Alma 29:14 and 16. My joy is great
2/ President Titensor
- President Monson loved the “nudgings” of the Lord, and he loved the confidence that the Lord had in him. You are all called by the Lord and known by him.
- Elder Christoffersen said, “The missionary purpose captures the majesty of the work and the power of God.”
- “God’s purpose must be our purpose.” President Nelson
- Labor to receive the grace of God. See Mosiah 18:26. Your efforts are great.
3/ Sister Rahlf
- We have lived in Montana, Colorado, Cincinnati, etc. My husband worked for Proctor and Gamble. We served in the Philippines.
- We have 5 sons, and they all served missions.
- All that is good that has happened in my life is because of the Gospel.
- Thousands of lights can be lit from one candle. Be the one. Ye are the light of the world.
- Jesus always ministered one by one.
- Little boy throwing star fish back into the ocean. “There are millions of them, it makes no difference.” I made a difference for that one.
4/ President Rahlf
- Many of the prophets saw our day (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Lehi, etc.) What did they see? Would the Lord have shown them the MTC? Showed them YOU? Showed them the 1000’s of faithful young people coming through here as they begin their missionary service?
- The Lord said, “I will hasten my work.” It is happening now. We are part of the hastening.
5/ Sister LeSeuer
- We met at the BYU. We have 7 children and 23 grandchildren. My husband has served as stake president, mission president, temple president, area authority seventy.
- We love the spirit we feel here on this campus, and that is a reflection of all of you and your goodness.
6/ President LeSeuer
- I am grateful for my 2 counselors. Good men always support those who hold the keys.
- When Elder Callister called him to be an area authority, Elder LeSeuer asked if he could continue to do team roping at rodeos or if he would have to give us that great love of his. Elder Callister asked, “Do you ever win the competitions?” “Rarely, but some times I do win,” replied President LeSeuer. Elder Callister replied, “Well, from this point on, when you win, you must promise me that you will let every person in the rodeo arena know that you are an elder in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! However if you lose, you should tell them you are a Jehovah’s Witness.”
- I have a great interest in astronomy, and I am fascinated by the fact that the Lord gave us an astronomy presentation in Abraham 3. Have you ever considered that we are suns with planets orbiting around us, those planets being our children and those who are within our sphere of influence? Our “gravity” can keep those we love near us and near the church. You can be a North Star for others.
- I will tell you a story that I have never revealed to a congregation before. My father was alcoholic, and he left my mother when she had 7 children to care for. She raised us alone. I was a major source of income for my mother when I was a teenager. When I received my mission call and came to the mission home, I quickly decided that I could not serve because I couldn’t stand to leave my mother short of funds. It was arranged for me to talk to Spencer W. Kimball. He prayed with me, blessed me, and hugged me. He even gave me a kiss on the cheek. He asked if I truly wanted to serve my mission. I assured him that I did. He promised me that my mother would be blessed in my absence and would not want, that the Lord would make up any deficiency that resulted from my service. Five months after I began my service, my mother met a wonderful man whom she married. He took her to the temple. He was a great blessing to her and to us children. The Lord heard our prayers. During this miracle, I made the promise to the Lord that if I could ever have such a positive influence in the life of a young man, similar to the influence my new “father” had on me, I would give my all. So I will be honored if any of you ever call me and tell me that you have found a young man for me to influence for the good. I will be honored by such a call.
- A mother came to pick up her son from our mission where we served in the Philippines. She told me that she was not a member of our church, and was only there to pick up her son. I asked if she would like to come to a farewell devotional for her son at our mission home. She said she would. Her son had told me that she was a veryu active Southern Baptist. I wondered if her son would back off of his final testimony with his mother listening. But in his final testimony, with mother listening, he said, “Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah. Jesus anointed that prophet and seer. Blessed to open the last dispensation, kings shall extol him and nations revere.”
- I also am a witness of Joseph Smith and of the Lord.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index