Elder and Sister D. Todd Christoffersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, December 25, 2019
Sister Kathy Christofferson
- What were Mary’s expectations?
- The shepherds were the first ones to bear record of the Savior. In a way, they were the first missionaries.
- Mary must of thought it was an untimely time to give birth, but the Nephites lives were literally saved by the birth of the Christ child.
- Mary had to trust in the Lord, as she didn’t know a lot of the ‘whys’ or ‘whats’ but she had faith and moved forward.
Elder D. Todd Christofferson
- What better joy could we have than to celebrate Christmas as His ambassadors and servants?
- It is appropriate that Joseph Smith’s birthday comes so close to Christmas.
- Like Jesus, Joseph Smith was born into poverty, and he became the revelator of God in this dispensation.
- Like the early saints, as we focus on the Savior we will have the most rewarding Christmas.
- By focusing on the Savior you find the most peace, at this time of the year and throughout the year.
- Christ endured His suffering willingly, because He loves us and wanted to redeem us.
- It is Christ’s Atonement that gives meaning to Christmas and our existence.
- The convincing evidence that the Atonement of Christ is real is because of His Resurrection.
- With His Resurrection there can be no question that He gave us the ability to have eternal life.
- Blessings that come to us because of His sacrifice:
- Joy in his work
- Divine guidance
- Answers to our prayers