Elder and Sister Claudio R. M. Costa of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, May 29, 2018
Tuesday devotional, Elder and Sister Claudio R. M. Costa of the Seventy, May 29, 2018
- A convert who was baptized 41 years ago said, “Since the day I was baptized, I have never had a bad day.”
- Doctrine and Covenants 138 is a special section. Verse 53 states: “The Prophet Joseph Smith, and my father, Hyrum Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, and other choice spirits who were reserved to come forth in the fulness of times to take part in laying the foundations of the great latter-day work…” Verse 56 describes YOU as modern-day missionaries: “Even before they were born, they, with many others, received their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in his vineyard for the salvation of the souls of men..”
- The spirit will guide you (see Doctrine and Covenants 84:88).
- Remember that you are noble and great.
- Study Mosiah 11:27 and Alma 9:6, also Matthew 21:10, Luke 5:21, Luke 8:25, Doctrine and Covenants 123:46, Matthew 8:27, and Mark 4:41. Who do these verses describe?
- Who is Jesus to you? What does He mean to you? He is the Lamb, the Savior, the Redeemer.
- Show love to the people in your mission.
- The best way to know God and Jesus is through the Book of Mormon. Read any page and you will receive inspiration regarding your questions.
- You can find potential investigators every day if you are bold and if you open your mouths.
- Why did President Hinckley say that he loved missionaries? Because of their commitment.
- Elder Costa concluded with, “I have a perfect knowledge that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son. I do not have faith in this – I have knowledge of this.”
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page