- We should not be merely an influence — we should be an inspiration! (See Doctrine and Covenants 58:27)
- Be careful how you act! You may be the only ‘Standard Works’ someone will ever read! (See Alma 39:11)
- When you pray, pray as if it all depends on the Lord. Then go to work as if it all depends on you. (See 2 Nephi 32:9)
- “Live above temptation.” (President David O. McKay, see 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- “It is better to be trusted than to be loved.” (President David O. McKay, see Proverbs 3:5)
- Think, talk, and act enthusiastically! If you are not really enthused, act and think and talk as if you are, and you soon will be! (See Doctrine and Covenants 128:22)
- Do I look like a servant of the Lord? Do I act like a missionary? If so, I will get referrals! (See Alma 5:19)
- “Self-discipline is doing what you know you should do when you do not want to do it.” (President N. Elder Tanner, see 1 Nephi 3:7)
- I am a Child of God. He, through a living Prophet, has called me on this mission to SUCCEED, not to fail. (See Doctrine and Covenants 18:15)
- Teaching that brings about no change in behavior is as effective as a parachute that opens on the first bounce. (See Doctrine and Covenants 11:21)
- Don’t feast on the honors of men — feast on RIGHTEOUSNESS! (Devere Harris, see 3 Nephi 13:33)
- An obstacle is what you see when you take your eye off of your goal. (See Doctrine and Covenants 4:5)
- “That which we persist in doing become easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do has increased.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, 2 Nephi 31:20)
- If the whole mission is the sum total of each and every missionary, then the action of a single missionary effects the entire mission. What I am and what I do is important!
- Enthusiasm brings interest! Simplicity brings understanding! Repetition brings conviction! Testimony brings conversion!
- I know that if I learn obedience, I will return to my family a better person that when I left. I will also touch many lives for the better. Obedience is the first law of heaven.
- “What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half hour?” (Ralph Waldo Emerson) You will pass this way but once. Make every minute of your mission count.
- Kindness is the language which the blind can see and the deaf can hear. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)
- “Rather you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” (Henry Ford)
- Two people can accomplish anything, as long as one of them is God! “I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.” (Doctrine and Covenants 82:10)
- Your attitude will determine your altitude.
- The best way to ‘raise’ is to ‘praise’.
- It is better to be kind than to be right.
- The ‘complainer’ in a missionary companionship is usually the ‘problem’ in the companionship.
- MTC stands for Missionary Training Center, but also for ‘Make The Change’!
- If you are not in line with the Lord, you are in the wrong line.
- You have complete control over your attitude and your obedience.
- Life was not meant to be easy; life was meant to be….LIFE!
- President Nelson: “The Lord is never disappointed in a person who is trying to repent.”
- A teaching experience without an invitation is nothing more than a lecture.
- Testimony is knowing something is true; conversion is being true to what you know to be true.
Click here to return to the Missionary Matters menu