Elder & Sister Adilson de Paula Parrella of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, November 14, 2017
Tuesday devotional, Elder and Sister Adilson de Paula Parrella of the Seventy, November 14, 2017
- You accepted the call to serve, so you accepted all the responsibilities that accompany the call. You represent Jesus, the Church, and your family. All three names are on your name-tag. You will still represent Jesus after your missions.
- Focus on the positive during hard times. God will help you. Review Doctrine and Covenants 84:88.
- Seek for perfection, but be patient. We will not reach perfection on earth but we will in heaven.
- Doctrine and Covenants section 8 – “I will tell you in your mind and in your heart.” The mind – thoughts, ideas, chains of ideas, knowledge. The heart – understanding and comprehension.
- Ask your Heavenly Father: “What would you have me learn tonight?” Act by asking; invite inspiration.
- The Atonement has two purposes – forgiveness of sin and it gives us power to do great things. The atonement can help you be a better missionary.
- I testify of Christ’s agony in Gethsemane.
- We can do very little on our own.
- Our apostles and prophets are light-years greater than I ever thought they were before I began to mingle with them.
- They are prophets, seers, revelators. The church is in good hands. The keys are there.
- Obey even when you do not understand the reason to obey.
- Your faith will be manifest through diligence and hard work.
- Obedience will bring spiritual power.
- The invitation to come unto Christ is a literal invitation.
- Hope is the assurance that all things will work together for our good.
- WORK unlocks faith and hope.
- Jesus personifies all good traits.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page