The Parables of Jesus
- In every parable, find: 1) Christ and His Atonement, 2) yourself, and 3) inspiration to ACT!
- Some feel that only the righteous can understand the deepest meaning of parables, and that the wicked won’t be able to understand anything regarding a parable. Such is not the case. Any earnest seeker can find depth, understanding, and motivation in Christ’s parables.
- Matthew was a Jew writing to a Jewish audience, and Luke was a Gentile writing to a Gentile audience. View their parables in this light and greater understanding will come.
- In the parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus is the good Samaritan, and He lifts the man up, takes him to shelter, pays not just what is required but MORE, and shows mercy. He can and does do the same for us.
- Here is a great quote by Elder Bruce R. McConkie concerning the Parable of the Ten Virgins — “Every disciple of Christ must fill his own lamp with the oil of dedication purchased at the market of obedience.”