Change the World!
A commencement address by Admiral McRaven of the United States Navy and a former Navy Seal
Admiral McRaven spoke at a Texas university commencement exercise, and admonished the graduates to make a difference in the world. Here are the 10 guidelines he gave to the graduates:
- Start every day with a task to be accomplished (make your bed!)
- Find someone to help you through your life (trusted friends and associates)
- Respect everyone (measure people by the size of their hearts, not by their appearance or mannerisms)
- Realize that life isn’t always fair (move forward anyway)
- Don’t be afraid to fail, and to fail often (failure can equal valuable experience if viewed properly)
- Take risks, get out of your comfort zone when appropriate
- Face down bullies, take a stand for what is right
- Step up when times are the toughest
- Lift up the down-trodden, be a positive influence in other’s lives
- Never give up!