How Will I Be Remembered?
by Elder Tad R. Callister
- Will I be remembered as one who knew all members of the ward for whom I have stewardship, or simply the more active members?
- Will I be remembered as one who smiled, shook hands, made people feel good and expressed thanks, or will I be remembered as a ‘pickle-sucker’?
- How will I be remembered by my ministering families, or five years later will they have forgotten my name?
- How will I be remembered by the children in the ward, the youth, the marrieds, the widows, the singles? Will they remember me as one who visited their classes, their ball games, their homes, had them over for dinner, or will their memories of me draw a blank?
- Will I be remembered by those who preside over me as loyal, constructive, and supportive or rather negative, critical and murmuring in my approach?
- Will I be remembered as one who loved and studied the scriptures or rather one who was too busy with administrative matters?
- Will I be remembered by the Lord as one who earnestly sought, pled and listened for His counsel or rather one who just did it on his own?