Wal-Mart and our government
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world’s largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and this success was achieved in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains declared bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has about 3,900 stores in the USA, of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the people who run Wal-Mart to fix the American economy. To our elected officials in Washington, D.C., including the president, vice-president, and all 535 voting members of the legislature, it is now apparent that the vast majority of you are corrupt and self-serving. Consider the following:
a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is failing.
b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is horribly in debt and failing.
c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is failing.
d. The “War on Poverty” started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right. $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.
e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are failing.
f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is failing.
g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal, disgusting failure.
You have FAILED in every “government service” you have created and tried to run while overspending our tax dollars.
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??