Book of Omni
1. (H-M) Omni was commanded by his father, Jacob, to write upon the plates for one specific purpose. That purpose was:
. A. To proclaim Omni’s name throughout the land.
. B. To herald in the day of redemptive love.
. C. To preserve their genealogy.
. D. To provide reading material for the people of Nephi.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:1)
2. (H-M) As he begins his record, Omni makes all of the following statements EXCEPT:
. A. I have fought much with the sword to preserve my people from the Lamanites.
. B. I have disappointed my parents by not following in their footsteps.
. C. I myself am a wicked man.
. D. I have not kept the statutes and commandments of the Lord.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:2)
3. (H-M) Omni makes all of the following statements EXCEPT:
. A. We have had many seasons of peace.
. B. We have had many seasons of war and bloodshed.
. C. I have kept the plates according to the commandment of my father.
. D. I have safeguarded the sword of Laban as I was commanded to do.
. E. I have conferred the plates upon my son, Amaron.
. Answer: D (Omni 1:3)
4. (H-D) The names of the five men mentioned in the book of Omni who kept the records are:
. A. Omni, Amnihu, Chemish, Absalom, Malachi
. B. Omni, Amaron, Chemish, Abinadom, Amaleki
. C. Omni, Amulek, Chorazin, Abnegate, Amulon
. D. Omni, Amalekiah, Corihor, Abdicate, Amelon
. Answer: B (Omni 1)
5. (H-E) Which of the following statements is true regarding the writings of Amaron:
. A. He wrote few things in the book of his father.
. B. He wrote few things in the book of his father-in-law.
. C. He wrote many things in the book of his father.
. D. He wrote many things in the book of his father-in-law.
. Answer: A (Omni 1:4)
6. (H-M) Amaron made which of the following statements:
. A. The more righteous part of the Lamanites were preserved.
. B. The more wicked part of the Lamanites were destroyed.
. C. The more righteous part of the Nephites were preserved.
. D. The more wicked part of the Nephites were destroyed.
. Answer: D (Omni 1:5)
7. (H-M) After having led the people of Lehi out of Jerusalem, and keeping and preserving them from falling into the hands of their enemies, the Lord felt that it
. was imperative that certain words should be verified. What were those words?
. A. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
. B. The Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.
. C. Inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments, ye shall not prosper in the land.
. D. Many are called, but few are chosen.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:6)
8. (H-E) True or false: Although the Lord visited the Nephites of Amaron’s day with great judgment, He spared the righteous such that they did not perish, but He
. delivered them from their enemies.
. Answer: True (Omni 1:7)
9. (H-M) Amaron delivered the plates and records to:
. A. His cousin Omnihu
. B. His brother Chemish
. C. His son Hezekiah
. D. His uncle Reuben
. Answer: B (Omni 1:8)
10. (H-M) All of the following statements regarding Chemish and Amaron are true EXCEPT:
. A. Chemish wrote a “few things” in the same book as his brother, Amaron.
. B. Chemish saw the last thing that his brother, Amaron, wrote in the record.
. C. Amaron wrote the things he wrote on the day before he delivered the record to Chemish.
. D. Amaron and Chemish kept the records according to the commandments of their fathers.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:9)
11. (H-M) All of the following statements are true EXCEPT:
. A. Abinadom was the son of Chemish.
. B. Abinadom witnessed only times of peace and harmony between the Nephites and Lamanites.
. C. Abinadom took the lives of many Lamanites with his own sword.
. D. The record of the people was engraven on plates which were kept by the kings.
. E. Abinadom knew of no revelation or prophecy which wasn’t already written, so he considered those writing to be sufficient.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:10-11)
12. (H-D) Abinadom’s son was the next keeper of the records. His name was:
. A. Amalickiah
. B. Amniron
. C. Amnihu
. D. Amlici
. E. Amaleki
. Answer: E (Omni 1:12)
13. (H-M) Amaleki speaks of a certain man who was made king over the land of Zarahemla. This king was:
. A. Benjamin
. B. Mosiah
. C. Nephi
. D. Aaron
. Answer: B (Omni 1:12)
14. (H-M) All of the following statements are true concerning King Mosiah EXCEPT:
. A. He was warned of the Lord that he should flee out of the land of Nephi.
. B. Those who would hearken unto the voice of the were told to depart with Mosiah, and flee into the wilderness.
. C. Mosiah did according to the commands of the Lord.
. D. Mosiah and those who would hearken unto the voice of the Lord departed into the wilderness.
. E. Mosiah and his people were led by many preachings and prophesyings.
. F. Mosiah and his people were only occasionally admonished by the word of God.
. Answer: F (Omni 1:12-13)
15. (H-M) Mosiah and his people were led through the wilderness by the power of the arm of God until they arrived in the land of __________.
. A. Nephi
. B. Sidon
. C. Zarahemla
. D. Bountiful
. E. Lehi
. Answer: C (Omni 1:13)
16. (H-E) King Mosiah and his people discovered a people who were called the people of ________________.
. A. Abinadom
. B. Alma
. C. Nephi
. D. Zarahemla
. E. Amulek
. Answer: D (Omni 1:14)
17. (H-E) True or false: There was great rejoicing among Zarahemla and his people when they were discovered by King Mosiah and his people, and the main
. reason for the rejoicing was that the people of Mosiah had brought the plates of brass which contained the record of the Jews.
. Answer: True (Omni 1:14)
18. (H-M) King Mosiah discovered all of the following about the people of Zarahemla EXCEPT:
. A. They came out from Jerusalem at the time that Zedekiah, king of Judah, was carried away captive into Babylon.
. B. They journeyed in the wilderness and were brought by the hand of the Lord across the great waters.
. C. They were brought by the Lord into the land where Mosiah discovered them, and they had dwelt there since arriving.
. D. They were exceedingly numerous when Mosiah discovered them.
. E. They had suffered through many wars and serious contentions, and had fallen by the sword from time to time.
. F. Their language had become corrupted, and the people of Mosiah could not understand them.
. G. They had brought no records with them, yet they still believed in, obeyed, and honored their Creator.
. Answer: G (Omni 1:15-17)
19. (H-E) True or false: King Mosiah saw no benefit in teaching the people of Zarahemla in his language.
. Answer: False (Omni 1:18)
20. (H-E) After the people of Zarahemla were taught the language of Mosiah and his people, all of the following occurred EXCEPT:
. A. Zarahemla gave a history of his fathers according to his memory/
. B. The people of Zarahemla and Mosiah united.
. C. Zarahemla was appointed to be the king of the newly united people.
. D. A large stone was brought to Mosiah and he interpreted the engravings by the gift and power of God.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:18-20)
21. (H-E) All of the following statements concerning things found engraven on the stone interpreted by Mosiah are true EXCEPT:
. A. There was an account of a man named Coriantumr.
. B. There was an account of the slain people of Coriantumr.
. C. The account included a description of Coriantumr being discovered by the people of Zarahemla.
. D. The account stated that Coriantumr dwelt with the people of Zarahemla for the space of 10 moons.
. E. The account stated that the first parents or fathers of Coriantumr came out from the tower of Babel, at the time of the confounding of the languages
. of the people.
. F. The account stated that the severity of the Lord fell upon Coriantumr’s people, according to His judgments, which are just.
. G. The account stated that the bones of the people of Coriantumr lay scattered in the land northward.
. Answer: D (Omni 1:21-22)
22. (H-M) All of the following statements concerning Amaleki are true EXCEPT:
. A. He was born in the days of Mosiah.
. B. He lived to see the death of Mosiah.
. C. He lived to see Benjamin reign in the place of his father, Mosiah.
. D. He saw much of war and bloodshed between the Nephites and the Lamanites.
. E. He witnessed that even though the Nephites obtained advantage over the Lamanites, they were unsuccessful in driving them out of the land of Zarahemla.
. Answer: E (Omni 1:23-24)
23. (H-M) How many children did Amaleki have?
. A. Five
. B. Four
. C. Three
. D. Two
. E. One
. F. None
. Answer: F (Omni 1:25)
24. (H-M) Having no see, Amaleki decided to deliver up the plates and records to king Benjamin. What is the reason that Amaleki gives for making this decision?
. A. King Benjamin had a great posterity.
. B. King Benjamin was a just man before the Lord.
. C. King Benjamin could translate ancient records.
. D. King Benjamin was a magnificent orator.
. E. King Benjamin had the love and respect of his people.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:25)
25. (D-E) As Amaleki closes his record, he exhorts all men to do the following things EXCEPT:
. A. To come unto God, the Holy One of Israel.
. B. To believe in prophesying and in revelations.
. C. To believe in divination and magic, when appropriate.
. D. To believe in the ministering of angels and in the gift of speaking with tongues.
. E. To believe in the gift of interpreting languages and in all things which are good.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:25)
26. (D-E) True or false: According to Amaleki, there is nothing good save it comes from the Lord, and there is nothing evil save it comes from the devil.
. Answer: True (Omni 1:25)
27. (D-E) Amaleki promised his brethren, in the name of the Lord, that they would be saved if they did all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. Come unto Christ, the Holy One of Israel.
. B. Partake of the salvation of Christ, and the power of His redemption.
. C. Meet out a just recompense to the Lamanites, due to their wickedness.
. D. Offer their whole souls as an offering to Christ.
. E. Continue in fasting and prayer.
. F. Endure to the end.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:26)
28. (H-M) Amaleki speaks of a group of men who went into the wilderness to return to the land of Nephi. All of the following statements concerning this group are . true EXCEPT:
. A. There was only a small number who desired to possess the land of their inheritance.
. B. The leader of the group was a strong and mighty man.
. C. The leader was stiffnecked and caused great contention in the group.
. D. All of the men in the group were slain with the exception of fifty.
. E. The survivors returned to the land of Zarahemla.
. Answer: A (Omni 1:27-28)
29. (H-E) Amaleki, as he finishes his writings, says all of the following things EXCEPT:
. A. He said that another group, hoping to find the land of Nephi, took their journey into the wilderness.
. B. He said that he had two brothers who were in this group, seeking to find the land of Nephi.
. C. He said that he had heard nothing of this group at the time that he finished his writings.
. D. He said that he was about to lie down in his grave.
. E. He said that the plates on which he had been writing were full.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:29-30)