Book of Omni
1. (H-M) Omni was commanded by his father, Jacob, to write upon the plates for one specific purpose. That purpose was:
. A. To proclaim Omni’s name throughout the land.
. B. To herald in the day of redemptive love.
. C. To preserve their genealogy.
. D. To provide reading material for the people of Nephi.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:1)
2. (H-M) As he begins his record, Omni makes all of the following statements EXCEPT:
. A. I have fought much with the sword to preserve my people from the Lamanites.
. B. I have disappointed my parents by not following in their footsteps.
. C. I myself am a wicked man.
. D. I have not kept the statutes and commandments of the Lord.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:2)
3. (H-M) Omni makes all of the following statements EXCEPT:
. A. We have had many seasons of peace.
. B. We have had many seasons of war and bloodshed.
. C. I have kept the plates according to the commandment of my father.
. D. I have safeguarded the sword of Laban as I was commanded to do.
. E. I have conferred the plates upon my son, Amaron.
. Answer: D (Omni 1:3)
4. (H-D) The names of the five men mentioned in the book of Omni who kept the records are:
. A. Omni, Amnihu, Chemish, Absalom, Malachi
. B. Omni, Amaron, Chemish, Abinadom, Amaleki
. C. Omni, Amulek, Chorazin, Abnegate, Amulon
. D. Omni, Amalekiah, Corihor, Abdicate, Amelon
. Answer: B (Omni 1)
5. (H-E) Which of the following statements is true regarding the writings of Amaron:
. A. He wrote few things in the book of his father.
. B. He wrote few things in the book of his father-in-law.
. C. He wrote many things in the book of his father.
. D. He wrote many things in the book of his father-in-law.
. Answer: A (Omni 1:4)
6. (H-M) Amaron made which of the following statements:
. A. The more righteous part of the Lamanites were preserved.
. B. The more wicked part of the Lamanites were destroyed.
. C. The more righteous part of the Nephites were preserved.
. D. The more wicked part of the Nephites were destroyed.
. Answer: D (Omni 1:5)
7. (H-M) After having led the people of Lehi out of Jerusalem, and keeping and preserving them from falling into the hands of their enemies, the Lord felt that it
. was imperative that certain words should be verified. What were those words?
. A. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
. B. The Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.
. C. Inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments, ye shall not prosper in the land.
. D. Many are called, but few are chosen.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:6)
8. (H-E) True or false: Although the Lord visited the Nephites of Amaron’s day with great judgment, He spared the righteous such that they did not perish, but He
. delivered them from their enemies.
. Answer: True (Omni 1:7)
9. (H-M) Amaron delivered the plates and records to:
. A. His cousin Omnihu
. B. His brother Chemish
. C. His son Hezekiah
. D. His uncle Reuben
. Answer: B (Omni 1:8)
10. (H-M) All of the following statements regarding Chemish and Amaron are true EXCEPT:
. A. Chemish wrote a “few things” in the same book as his brother, Amaron.
. B. Chemish saw the last thing that his brother, Amaron, wrote in the record.
. C. Amaron wrote the things he wrote on the day before he delivered the record to Chemish.
. D. Amaron and Chemish kept the records according to the commandments of their fathers.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:9)
11. (H-M) All of the following statements are true EXCEPT:
. A. Abinadom was the son of Chemish.
. B. Abinadom witnessed only times of peace and harmony between the Nephites and Lamanites.
. C. Abinadom took the lives of many Lamanites with his own sword.
. D. The record of the people was engraven on plates which were kept by the kings.
. E. Abinadom knew of no revelation or prophecy which wasn’t already written, so he considered those writing to be sufficient.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:10-11)
12. (H-D) Abinadom’s son was the next keeper of the records. His name was:
. A. Amalickiah
. B. Amniron
. C. Amnihu
. D. Amlici
. E. Amaleki
. Answer: E (Omni 1:12)
13. (H-M) Amaleki speaks of a certain man who was made king over the land of Zarahemla. This king was:
. A. Benjamin
. B. Mosiah
. C. Nephi
. D. Aaron
. Answer: B (Omni 1:12)
14. (H-M) All of the following statements are true concerning King Mosiah EXCEPT:
. A. He was warned of the Lord that he should flee out of the land of Nephi.
. B. Those who would hearken unto the voice of the were told to depart with Mosiah, and flee into the wilderness.
. C. Mosiah did according to the commands of the Lord.
. D. Mosiah and those who would hearken unto the voice of the Lord departed into the wilderness.
. E. Mosiah and his people were led by many preachings and prophesyings.
. F. Mosiah and his people were only occasionally admonished by the word of God.
. Answer: F (Omni 1:12-13)
15. (H-M) Mosiah and his people were led through the wilderness by the power of the arm of God until they arrived in the land of __________.
. A. Nephi
. B. Sidon
. C. Zarahemla
. D. Bountiful
. E. Lehi
. Answer: C (Omni 1:13)
16. (H-E) King Mosiah and his people discovered a people who were called the people of ________________.
. A. Abinadom
. B. Alma
. C. Nephi
. D. Zarahemla
. E. Amulek
. Answer: D (Omni 1:14)
17. (H-E) True or false: There was great rejoicing among Zarahemla and his people when they were discovered by King Mosiah and his people, and the main
. reason for the rejoicing was that the people of Mosiah had brought the plates of brass which contained the record of the Jews.
. Answer: True (Omni 1:14)
18. (H-M) King Mosiah discovered all of the following about the people of Zarahemla EXCEPT:
. A. They came out from Jerusalem at the time that Zedekiah, king of Judah, was carried away captive into Babylon.
. B. They journeyed in the wilderness and were brought by the hand of the Lord across the great waters.
. C. They were brought by the Lord into the land where Mosiah discovered them, and they had dwelt there since arriving.
. D. They were exceedingly numerous when Mosiah discovered them.
. E. They had suffered through many wars and serious contentions, and had fallen by the sword from time to time.
. F. Their language had become corrupted, and the people of Mosiah could not understand them.
. G. They had brought no records with them, yet they still believed in, obeyed, and honored their Creator.
. Answer: G (Omni 1:15-17)
19. (H-E) True or false: King Mosiah saw no benefit in teaching the people of Zarahemla in his language.
. Answer: False (Omni 1:18)
20. (H-E) After the people of Zarahemla were taught the language of Mosiah and his people, all of the following occurred EXCEPT:
. A. Zarahemla gave a history of his fathers according to his memory/
. B. The people of Zarahemla and Mosiah united.
. C. Zarahemla was appointed to be the king of the newly united people.
. D. A large stone was brought to Mosiah and he interpreted the engravings by the gift and power of God.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:18-20)
21. (H-E) All of the following statements concerning things found engraven on the stone interpreted by Mosiah are true EXCEPT:
. A. There was an account of a man named Coriantumr.
. B. There was an account of the slain people of Coriantumr.
. C. The account included a description of Coriantumr being discovered by the people of Zarahemla.
. D. The account stated that Coriantumr dwelt with the people of Zarahemla for the space of 10 moons.
. E. The account stated that the first parents or fathers of Coriantumr came out from the tower of Babel, at the time of the confounding of the languages
. of the people.
. F. The account stated that the severity of the Lord fell upon Coriantumr’s people, according to His judgments, which are just.
. G. The account stated that the bones of the people of Coriantumr lay scattered in the land northward.
. Answer: D (Omni 1:21-22)
22. (H-M) All of the following statements concerning Amaleki are true EXCEPT:
. A. He was born in the days of Mosiah.
. B. He lived to see the death of Mosiah.
. C. He lived to see Benjamin reign in the place of his father, Mosiah.
. D. He saw much of war and bloodshed between the Nephites and the Lamanites.
. E. He witnessed that even though the Nephites obtained advantage over the Lamanites, they were unsuccessful in driving them out of the land of Zarahemla.
. Answer: E (Omni 1:23-24)
23. (H-M) How many children did Amaleki have?
. A. Five
. B. Four
. C. Three
. D. Two
. E. One
. F. None
. Answer: F (Omni 1:25)
24. (H-M) Having no see, Amaleki decided to deliver up the plates and records to king Benjamin. What is the reason that Amaleki gives for making this decision?
. A. King Benjamin had a great posterity.
. B. King Benjamin was a just man before the Lord.
. C. King Benjamin could translate ancient records.
. D. King Benjamin was a magnificent orator.
. E. King Benjamin had the love and respect of his people.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:25)
25. (D-E) As Amaleki closes his record, he exhorts all men to do the following things EXCEPT:
. A. To come unto God, the Holy One of Israel.
. B. To believe in prophesying and in revelations.
. C. To believe in divination and magic, when appropriate.
. D. To believe in the ministering of angels and in the gift of speaking with tongues.
. E. To believe in the gift of interpreting languages and in all things which are good.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:25)
26. (D-E) True or false: According to Amaleki, there is nothing good save it comes from the Lord, and there is nothing evil save it comes from the devil.
. Answer: True (Omni 1:25)
27. (D-E) Amaleki promised his brethren, in the name of the Lord, that they would be saved if they did all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. Come unto Christ, the Holy One of Israel.
. B. Partake of the salvation of Christ, and the power of His redemption.
. C. Meet out a just recompense to the Lamanites, due to their wickedness.
. D. Offer their whole souls as an offering to Christ.
. E. Continue in fasting and prayer.
. F. Endure to the end.
. Answer: C (Omni 1:26)
28. (H-M) Amaleki speaks of a group of men who went into the wilderness to return to the land of Nephi. All of the following statements concerning this group are . true EXCEPT:
. A. There was only a small number who desired to possess the land of their inheritance.
. B. The leader of the group was a strong and mighty man.
. C. The leader was stiffnecked and caused great contention in the group.
. D. All of the men in the group were slain with the exception of fifty.
. E. The survivors returned to the land of Zarahemla.
. Answer: A (Omni 1:27-28)
29. (H-E) Amaleki, as he finishes his writings, says all of the following things EXCEPT:
. A. He said that another group, hoping to find the land of Nephi, took their journey into the wilderness.
. B. He said that he had two brothers who were in this group, seeking to find the land of Nephi.
. C. He said that he had heard nothing of this group at the time that he finished his writings.
. D. He said that he was about to lie down in his grave.
. E. He said that the plates on which he had been writing were full.
. Answer: B (Omni 1:29-30)
Click here to return to the top of this quiz section
Click here to return to the Book of Mormon menu page
Click here to return to the Main Menu page