Mosiah Chapter 12
389. (H-M) How long did Abinadi remain in hiding after delivering his initial message to king Noah’s people?
A. 1 year
B. 2 years
C. 3 years
D. 4 years
Answer: B (Mosiah 12:1)
390. (D-M) As Abinadi began his second discourse to king Noah’s people, he said that the Lord had stated all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Go and prophesy unto this my people
B. They (Noah’s people) have hardened their hearts against my words
C. They have not repented of their evil doings
D. In my fierce anger I will visit them in their iniquities and abominations
E. Mercy no longer has a claim upon these people
F. Wo be unto this generation!
Answer: E (Mosiah 12:1-2)
391. (D-E) Abinadi prophesied all of the following concerning Noah’s people EXCEPT:
A. Because of their iniquities, this generation shall be brought into bondage
B. They shall be smitten on the cheek, driven by men, and slain
C. Vultures, dogs, and wild beasts shall devour their flesh
D. The life of king Noah shall be valued as a garment in a furnace
E. They shall be smitten with afflictions, famine, and pestilence
F. Their language will be confounded, and they will not understand others
Answer: F (Mosiah 12:2-3)
392. (D-C) Abinadi prophesied all of the following concerning Noah’s people EXCEPT:
A. They shall howl all the day long
B. They shall have burdens lashed upon their backs
C. They shall be driven like sheep before wolves
D. They shall be smitten with hail and with the east wind
E. They shall be smitten with grain-devouring insects and pestilences
F. The Lord will bring afflictions upon them because of their iniquities and abominations
Answer: C (Mosiah 12:4-7)
393. (D-C) Abinadi prophesied all of the following concerning Noah’s people EXCEPT:
A. Except they repent, the Lord will utterly destroy this people from off the face of the land
B. The iniquities of this people will be shouted from the housetops
C. This people shall leave a record behind them
D. The Lord will preserve the records of this people for other nations which will possess this land
E. The Lord will discover the sins of this people to other nations
Answer: B (Mosiah 12:8)
394. (H-M) King Noah’s people reacted toward Abinadi in all of the following ways EXCEPT:
A. They accused him of being possessed by an evil spirit
B. They were angry with him
C. They bound him
D. They carried him to king Noah
E. They called him a liar
Answer: A (Mosiah 12:9,14)
395. (H-M) Abinadi likened king Noah’s life to all of the following EXCEPT:
A. A garment in a furnace of fire
B. A dry stalk of the field which is trodden under foot
C. The blossoms of a thistle which the wind bloweth
D. The morning dew before the heat of the noon-day sun
Answer: D (Mosiah -12)
396. (H-M) The people of king Noah accused Abinadi of all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Prophesying evil of Noah’s people and saying that God will destroy them
B. Prophesying evil concerning Noah’s life
C. Pretending that the Lord had spoken to him
D. Preaching that evil would come upon the people except they repent
E. Pretending that he had received power and authority from God
Answer: E (Mosiah 12:9-10,12)
397. (H-M) As they delivered Abinadi into king Noah’s hands, the people of Noah asked all of the following hypocritical questions EXCEPT:
A. O king, what great evil hast thou done?
B. What great sins have thy people committed?
C. Are we not an upright and righteous people?
D. Should we be condemned of God?
E. Should we be judged of Abinadi?
Answer: C (Mosiah )
398. (H-M) After delivering Abinadi into king Noah’s hands, the people of Noah made all of the following bold statements EXCEPT:
A. We are guiltless
B. We are chosen of God
C. Thou, O king, hast not sinned
D. Abinadi has prophesied in vain
E. We are strong and we will not come into bondage
F. Thou, O king, hast prospered and will continue to prosper
Answer: B (Mosiah -15)
399. (H-E) Noah’s priests requested that Noah be brought before them that they might:
A. Decide what to do with him
B. Question him
C. Cross him
D. Have wherewith to accuse him
E. All of the above
Answer: E (Mosiah -19)
400. (H-E) Abinadi, as he was brought before Noah and his priests, did which of the following?|
A. Answered them boldly
B. Withstood them in all their questions
C. Astonished them
D. Confounded them in all their words
E. All of the above
Answer: E (Mosiah )
401. (D-E) One of Noah’s priests asked Abinadi to explain some words from which Old Testament prophet?
Answer: A (Mosiah , footnote)
402. (D-C) The scriptural passage that one of Noah’s priests asked Abinadi to explain contained all of the following phrases EXCEPT:
A. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings
B. Thy watchmen shall lift up their voices
C. The Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem
D. Awake, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments
E. The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all nations
Answer: D (Mosiah -24)
403. (D-C) In a scriptural passage, one of Noah’s priests asked Abinadi to explain the beautiful feet of him that doeth certain things.These things include all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Bringeth good tidings
B. Publisheth peace
C. Redeemeth Israel
D. Bringeth good tidings of good
E. Publisheth salvation
F. Saith unto Zion that thy God reigneth
Answer: C (Mosiah )
404. (H-M) Abinadi asked Noah’s priests a question, which included all of the following queries EXCEPT:
A. Have you authority from God?
B. Are you priests?
C. Do you pretend to teach this people?
D. Do you pretend to understand the spirit of prophesying?
E. Do you desire to know of me what these things (scriptures) mean?
Answer: A (Mosiah )
405. (H-E) Abinadi accused Noah’s priests of:
A. Perverting the ways of the Lord
B. Not teaching the people concerning the scriptures
C. Not applying their hearts to understanding
D. Not being wise
E. All of the above
Answer: E (Mosiah -27)
406. (H-M) Abinadi asked Noah’s priests what they taught the people.Their response was:
A. We teach the law of sacrifice
B. We teach the law of Moses
C. We teach of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
D. We teach of God’s love for all mankind
E. None of the above
Answer: B (Mosiah -28)
407. (H-C) Abinadi asked Noah’s priests all of the following questions EXCEPT:
A. If ye teach the law of Moses, why do you not keep it?
B. Why do ye set your hearts upon riches?
C. Why do you commit whoredoms and spend your strength with harlots?
D. Have ye inquired of the Lord?
E. Know ye not that I speak the truth?
F. What know ye concerning the law of Moses?
Answer: D (Mosiah -31)
408. (H-M) Abinadi claimed all of the following concerning Noah’s priests EXCEPT:
A. That they were causing the people to commit sin
B. That they were one of the causes for the Lord sending Abinadi to prophesy against the people of Noah
C. That they were carnal, sensual, and devilish
D. That they knew Abinadi was speaking the truth
E. That they ought to tremble before God
F. That they would be smitten for their iniquities
Answer: C (Mosiah -31)
409. (D-M) True or false: When Abinadi asked Noah’s priests if salvation came by the law of Moses, they answered by saying that salvation did not come by the law of Moses.
Answer: False (Mosiah -32)
410. (D-E) After Noah’s priests told Abinadi that they thought salvation did come by the law of Moses, Abinadi did all of the following EXCEPT:
A. He said that he knew that if a person kept the commandments of God that he would be saved
B. He said that salvation did come by the law of Moses
C. He stressed the importance of keeping the “Ten Commandments” and then recited the first two (no other gods before me and no graven images)
D. He asked the priests if they had kept the commandments, and then told them that they had not
E. He asked them if they had taught the people the commandments, and then told them that they had not
Answer: B (Mosiah -37)