Mosiah Chapter 7
306. (H-M) Approximately 200 B.C., Zeniff and a group of men from Zarahemla searched for the land of Nephi, hoping to inherit the land of their fathers.
Approximately 121 B.C., king Mosiah sent 16 "strong men" to find Zeniff's group. Who was the leader of these 16 men?
[Answer: A (Mosiah 7:3)]
307. (H-M) All of the following statements concerning Ammon and his group who searched for Zeniff are true EXCEPT:
A. Ammon was a strong and mighty man, and a descendent of Zarahemla
B. It took the group forty days to finally reach the land of Lehi-Nephi
C. Ammon knew the way to Lehi-Nephi, having previously been sent to spy on the Lamanites in that region
D. Upon arriving in Lehi-Nephi, Ammon and three of his men were bound and imprisoned
[Answer: C (Mosiah 7:3-7)]
308. (H-C) Upon arriving in the land of Shilom in the land of Lehi-Nephi, Ammon took three of his men down to inquire of the people concerning Zeniff. What
were the names of these three men?
A. Amaron, Heshlon, and Heth
B. Amnah, Himni, and Heb
C. Amulon, Hagoth, and Hor
D. Amaleki, Helem, and Hem
[Answer: D (Mosiah 7:6)]
309. (H-M) Who was the king of the people that Ammon discovered in Shilom in the land of Nephi?
[Answer: B (Mosiah 7:9)]
310. (H-C) When Ammon and three of his men approached the walls of a city in the land of Shilom, they were immediately bound and imprisoned. What was
the main reason for their imprisonment?
A. Ammon and his men brandished swords and spears
B. Limhi's guards mistook Ammon's group for Lamanite spies
C. Ammon's group was discovered trying to sneak into the city
D. Ammon's group made the mistake of coming near the city walls while king Limhi and his guards were outside the city gates
[Answer: D (Mosiah )]
311. (H-M) How long were Ammon and his three companions kept in prison before being allowed to speak to the king of the people of Shilom?
A. two days
B. three days
C. four days
D. one week
[Answer: A (Mosiah 7:8)]
312. (H-M) True or false: King Limhi was the son of Noah who was the son of Zeniff, who came up out of the land of Zarahemla to inherit the land of his fathers.
[Answer: True (Mosiah 7:9)]
313. (H-C) When Ammon's bands were loosed and he was finally permitted to speak to king Limhi, he did and said all of the following EXCEPT:
A. He bowed down to the king
B. He expressed thanks that he was still alive
C. He told the king that he would endeavor to speak with boldness
D. He declared that he and his brethren would deliver Limhi's people from their Lamanite bondage
E. He said that if Limhi had known who he was, the imprisonment would not have happened
[Answer: D (Mosiah -13)]
314. (H-M) Upon learning that Ammon and his men were from the land of Zarahemla, Limhi's reactions included:
1. He was exceedingly glad to know that his brethren in the land of Zarahemla were yet alive
2. He rejoiced and caused that his people should rejoice also
3. He predicted that his people would now be freed from Lamanite bondage and taxation
4. He stated that it would be better for his people to be slaves to the Nephites than to pay tribute to the Lamanite king
5. He summoned the remainder of Ammon's men from their hiding place and provided food, drink, and rest for them
A. 1, 2, and 3
B. 1 and 3
C. 2 and 4
D. All of the above
[Answer: D (Mosiah -16)]
315. (H-M) After Ammon's arrival in Shilom, king Limhi assembled his people at the temple. His sermon to the people included all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Lift up your heads, be comforted, and rejoice
B. The time is at hand when we will no longer be in subjection to our enemies
C. There remains an effectual struggle to be made
D. Arm yourselves and your families, prepare for the conflict to come
E. Trust in God
[Answer: D (Mosiah -19)]
316. (H-C) In king Limhi's sermon found in Mosiah 7, he describes God in all of the following ways EXCEPT:
A. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, he who brought Israel out of Egypt
B. He who parted the Red Sea and brought Israel through on dry ground
C. He who caused water to flow from a rock in Horeb
D. He who fed the children of Israel with manna that they might not perish
E. He who led father Lehi out of Jerusalem and kept and preserved his people
[Answer: C (Mosiah -20)]
317. (H-M) The main reason king Limhi gave for the bondage of his people was:
A. Their iniquities and abominations
B. Their pride
C. Their worldliness
D. Their thirst for bloodshed
[Answer: A (Mosiah )]
318. (H-C) King Limhi lists four major reasons why Zeniff's and Noah's people fell into Lamanite bondage. Which of the following is NOT one of the four
A. Zeniff was over-zealous to inherit the land of his fathers
B. Zeniff made concessions to the Lamanites, hoping to establish peace with them
C. King Laman deceived Zeniff by craftiness
D. Zeniff's people allowed themselves to fall into trangression
E. They slew a prophet of the Lord
[Answer: B (Mosiah ,25,26)]
319. (G-M) As king Laman deceived Zeniff and his people, he did all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Gave Zeniff possession of the city of Lehi-Nephi
B. Gave Zeniff possession of the city of Shilom
C. Gave Zeniff possession of the land around Shilom
D. Made a treaty with Zeniff
E. Promised Zeniff that he and his people would not be bothered by the Lamanites
[Answer: E (Mosiah )]
320. (H-E) King Laman gave the land of Shilom to Zeniff & his people because:
A. He felt sorry for them
B. He hoped some of the Nephites would join his armies as warriors
C. He hoped to establish peace with the Nephites
D. He desired to place them under bondage and taxation
[Answer: D (Mosiah )]
321. (H-E) What percentage of the crops, animals, and other possessions of the Nephites did king Laman demand as tribute?
[Answer: C (Mosiah )]
322. (H-M) King Limhi, as he delivered his sermon to his people in Mosiah 7, made all of the following statements EXCEPT:
A. We are willing to submit to all that the Lord sees fit to inflict upon us
B. Are not our burdens grievous to be borne?
C. Is not our affliction great?
D. Great are the reasons we have to mourn
E. Many of our brethren have been slain, and their blood has been spilt in vain
[Answer: A (Mosiah -24)]
323. (H-E) In Mosiah 7:26, Limhi states that the descendants of Zeniff had slain a prophet of the Lord. Who was this prophet?
[Answer: C (Mosiah & )]
324. (H-E) Limhi describes Abinadi as all of the following EXCEPT:
A. A prophet of the Lord
B. A great seer who could interpret ancient writings
C. A chosen man of God
D. One who told the people of their wickedness
E. One who prophesied of the coming of Christ
[Answer: B (Mosiah -27)]
325. (H-E) Abinadi taught all of the following concerning Christ EXCEPT:
A. That he is God, the Father of all things
B. That he would take upon him the image of man
C. That man was created in the image of Christ (God)
D. That he would be born of a virgin named Mary
E. That he would take upon him flesh and blood
[Answer: D (Mosiah )]
326. (H-M) Towards the end of his sermon, king Limhi quotes the Lord four different times. The quote which is NOT accurate is:
A. "I will hedge up their ways that they prosper not"
B. "If my people sow filthiness they shall reap the chaff thereof..."
C. "...the effect (of filthiness) thereof is poison."
D. "If my people sow filthiness they shall reap the west wind, which bringeth immediate destruction."
[Answer: D (Mosiah -31)]
327. (H-C) Limhi states three things his people must do to be delivered out of bondage. Which of the following is NOT one of the three items mentioned?
A. Remember the poor and the needy
B. Turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart
C. Put your trust in the Lord
D. Serve the Lord with all diligence of mind
[Answer: A (Mosiah )]
Click here to return to the top of this quiz section
Click here to return to the Book of Mormon menu page
Click here to return to the Main Menu page