169. (H-E) True or false: As the book of Mosiah opens, we are told that there was no more contention in the land of Zarahemla and that king Benjamin
. had continual peace for the remainder of his days.
. Answer: True (Mosiah 1:1)
170. (H-M) What were the names of king Benjamin’s three sons?
. A. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
. B. Nephi, Lehi, and Zoram
. C. Mosiah, Helorum, and Helaman
. D. Ammon, Aaron, and Omner
. E. Moroni, Corianton, and Shiblon
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:2)
171. (H-M) All of the following apply to king Benjamin’s sons EXCEPT:
. A. Benjamin caused that they should be taught in all the language of his fathers.
. B. Benjamin desired that his sons would become men of understanding.
. C. Benjamin desired that they might know concerning the prophecies which had been spoken by their fathers.
. D. Benjamin told them to rise up, and cast of the shackles of sin with which they were bound.
. E. Benjamin taught them concerning the records which were engraved on the plates of brass.
. Answer: D (Mosiah 1:2-3)
172. (H-M) King Benjamin said all of the following things to his sons concerning the plates of brass EXCEPT:
. A. Were it not for the plates, which contained records and commandments, they would have suffered in ignorance, not knowing the mysteries.
. B. It was not possible that Lehi could have remembered all the things written on the plates, and thus could not have taught them to his
. C. The plates would never again be dimmed any more by time, nor would they ever perish
. D. Lehi could read the engravings on the plates because he had been taught in the language of the Egyptians, and thus could teach them to
. his children.
. E. The record had been kept and preserved by the hand of God.
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:4-5)
173. (H-M) King Benjamin said all of the following things to his sons concerning the plates of brass EXCEPT:
. A. The records had been preserved such that they could read and understand the mysteries of God.
. B. The records had made it possible that they could have God’s commandments always before their eyes.
. C. Without the plates, their fathers would have dwindled in unbelief and been like the Lamanites.
. D. He said that his sayings were true, that the records were true, and that the sayings on the plates of Nephi were true.
. E. The Lamanites would believe the sayings found on the records, rejecting the incorrect traditions of their fathers.
. Answer: E (Mosiah 1:5-6)
174. (D-M) King Benjamin told his sons that if they searched the plates of brass, profited thereby, and kept the commandments of God, a great blessing . would come to pass in their lives. What was that blessing?
. A. They would prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto their fathers.
. B. They would be allowed to multiply and replenish the earth.
. C. Their vines would not cast off their fruit before the proper season.
. D. They would be protected against the east wind.
. E. They would ascend up unto the hill of the Lord.
. Answer: A (Mosiah 1:7)
175. (H-E) True or false: Everything that king Benjamin taught his sons in included in the Book of Mormon.
. Answer: False (Mosiah 1:8)
176. (H-E) After king Benjamin had taught his sons and saw that he was growing old and would soon go the way of all the earth, he thought it expedient . to do what?
. A. Seal up the brass plates.
. B. Join the heavenly choirs above.
. C. Confer the kingdom upon one of his sons.
. D. Ascend unto the hill of the Lord.
. E. Lead the Nephite army against the Lamanites one last time.
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:9)
177. (H-E) Upon which of his sons did king Benjamin confer the kingdom?
. A. Helaman
. B. Helorum
. C. Ammon
. D. Mosiah
. E. Moroni
. Answer: D (Mosiah 1:11)
178. (H-M) King Benjamin told his son, Mosiah, all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. That he (Mosiah) should make a proclamation and have all of the people of the land gather together.
. B. That he (Benjamin) would proclaim to the people that Mosiah was to be their king and ruler.
. C. That he (Benjamin) would give his people a name, distinguishing them from all other people whom the Lord had brought out of the land of
. D. That he (Benjamin) would give his people a distinguishing name because they had been diligent in keeping the commandments of the Lord.
. E. That this distinguishing name could only be blotted out through transgression.
. F. That the distinguishing name which he (Benjamin) would give his people would be ‘Anti-Nephi-Lehi’.
. Answer: F (Mosiah 1:10-12)
179. (H-E) King Benjamin stated that if his highly -favored people were to fall into transgression and become wicked and adulterous, all of the following . things would happen EXCEPT:
. A. The Lord would deliver them up.
. B. They would be smitten with various plagues, including boils and locust.
. C. They would become weak like unto their brethren.
. D. The Lord would no longer preserve them with his matchless power.
. E. The Lord would no longer preserve them with his marvelous power.
. Answer: B (Mosiah 1:13)
180. (H-M) King Benjamin told his sons that if God had not extended his arm in the preservation of their fathers, two of the following things would have
. 1. They would have fallen into the hands of the Lamanites.
. 2. They would have perished crossing the many waters to the promised land.
. 3. They would have become victims of the Lamanite’s hatred.
. 4. They would have been forever banished from God’s kingdom.
. A. Numbers 1 and 2
. B. Numbers 2 and 3
. C. Numbers 2 and 4
. D. Numbers 1 and 3
. Answer: D (Mosiah 1:4)
181. (H-E) After king Benjamin had made an end of speaking to his sons, he gave them charge over all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. The affairs of the kingdom.
. B. The records which were engraven on the plates of brass.
. C. Lehi’s tents.
. D. The sword of Laban.
. E. The ball or director.
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:16)
182. (H-M) Concerning the ball or director which king Benjamin gave his sons, all of the following are true EXCEPT:
. A. It led their fathers through the wilderness.
. B. It contained three spindles or pointers.
. C. It was prepared by the hand of the Lord that their fathers could be led.
. D. Those that possessed the director were led according to the heed and diligence which they gave unto the Lord.
. Answer: B (Mosiah 1:16)
183. (D-M) When king Benjamin’s fathers were unfaithful during their journey to the promised land, all of the following happened to them EXCEPT:
. A. The cloud by day and pillar of fire by night were removed and no longer guided them
. B. They did not prosper nor progress.
. C. They were driven back.
. D. They incurred the displeasure of God upon them.
. E. They were smitten with famine and sore afflictions.
. F. They were stirred up in remembrance of their duty.
. Answer: A (Mosiah 1:17)
184. (H-M) Mosiah, king Benjamin’s son, did all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. He did as his father had commanded him.
. B. He proclaimed unto all the people in the land of Zarahemla that they should gather themselves together.
. C. He proclaimed unto all the people that they should gather together at the holy temple.
. D. He proclaimed unto the people that they should hear the words which his father should speak to them.
. E. He told the people to bring food and water sufficient to last them a full week.
. Answer: E (Mosiah 1:18)