169. (H-E) True or false: As the book of Mosiah opens, we are told that there was no more contention in the land of Zarahemla
. and that king Benjamin had continual peace for the remainder of his days.
. Answer: True (Mosiah 1:1)
170. (H-M) What were the names of king Benjamin’s three sons?
. A. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
. B. Nephi, Lehi, and Zoram
. C. Mosiah, Helorum, and Helaman
. D. Ammon, Aaron, and Omner
. E. Moroni, Corianton, and Shiblon
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:2)
171. (H-M) All of the following apply to king Benjamin’s sons EXCEPT:
. A. Benjamin caused that they should be taught in all the language of his fathers.
. B. Benjamin desired that his sons would become men of understanding.
. C. Benjamin desired that they might know concerning the prophecies which had been spoken by their fathers.
. D. Benjamin told them to rise up, and cast of the shackles of sin with which they were bound.
. E. Benjamin taught them concerning the records which were engraved on the plates of brass.
. Answer: D (Mosiah 1:2-3)
172. (H-M) King Benjamin said all of the following things to his sons concerning the plates of brass EXCEPT:
. A. Were it not for the plates, which contained records and commandments, they would have suffered in ignorance, not
. knowing the mysteries.
. B. It was not possible that Lehi could have remembered all the things written on the plates, and thus could not have taught
. them to his children.
. C. The plates would never again be dimmed any more by time, nor would they ever perish
. D. Lehi could read the engravings on the plates because he had been taught in the language of the Egyptians, and thus
. could teach them to his children.
. E. The record had been kept and preserved by the hand of God.
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:4-5)
173. (H-M) King Benjamin said all of the following things to his sons concerning the plates of brass EXCEPT:
. A. The records had been preserved such that they could read and understand the mysteries of God.
. B. The records had made it possible that they could have God’s commandments always before their eyes.
. C. Without the plates, their fathers would have dwindled in unbelief and been like the Lamanites.
. D. He said that his sayings were true, that the records were true, and that the sayings on the plates of Nephi were true.
. E. The Lamanites would believe the sayings found on the records, rejecting the incorrect traditions of their fathers.
. Answer: E (Mosiah 1:5-6)
174. (D-M) King Benjamin told his sons that if they searched the plates of brass, profited thereby, and kept the commandments of
. God, a great blessing would come to pass in their lives. What was that blessing?
. A. They would prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto their fathers.
. B. They would be allowed to multiply and replenish the earth.
. C. Their vines would not cast off their fruit before the proper season.
. D. They would be protected against the east wind.
. E. They would ascend up unto the hill of the Lord.
. Answer: A (Mosiah 1:7)
175. (H-E) True or false: Everything that king Benjamin taught his sons in included in the Book of Mormon.
. Answer: False (Mosiah 1:8)
176. (H-E) After king Benjamin had taught his sons and saw that he was growing old and would soon go the way of all the earth,
. he thought it expedient to do what?
. A. Seal up the brass plates.
. B. Join the heavenly choirs above.
. C. Confer the kingdom upon one of his sons.
. D. Ascend unto the hill of the Lord.
. E. Lead the Nephite army against the Lamanites one last time.
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:9)
177. (H-E) Upon which of his sons did king Benjamin confer the kingdom?
. A. Helaman
. B. Helorum
. C. Ammon
. D. Mosiah
. E. Moroni
. Answer: D (Mosiah 1:11)
178. (H-M) King Benjamin told his son, Mosiah, all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. That he (Mosiah) should make a proclamation and have all of the people of the land gather together.
. B. That he (Benjamin) would proclaim to the people that Mosiah was to be their king and ruler.
. C. That he (Benjamin) would give his people a name, distinguishing them from all other people whom the Lord had brought
. out of the land of Jerusalem.
. D. That he (Benjamin) would give his people a distinguishing name because they had been diligent in keeping the
. commandments of the Lord.
. E. That this distinguishing name could only be blotted out through transgression.
. F. That the distinguishing name which he (Benjamin) would give his people would be ‘Anti-Nephi-Lehi’.
. Answer: F (Mosiah 1:10-12)
179. (H-E) King Benjamin stated that if his highly -favored people were to fall into transgression and become wicked and
. adulterous, all of the following things would happen EXCEPT:
. A. The Lord would deliver them up.
. B. They would be smitten with various plagues, including boils and locust.
. C. They would become weak like unto their brethren.
. D. The Lord would no longer preserve them with his matchless power.
. E. The Lord would no longer preserve them with his marvelous power.
. Answer: B (Mosiah 1:13)
180. (H-M) King Benjamin told his sons that if God had not extended his arm in the preservation of their fathers, two of the
. following things would have happened:
. 1. They would have fallen into the hands of the Lamanites.
. 2. They would have perished crossing the many waters to the promised land.
. 3. They would have become victims of the Lamanite’s hatred.
. 4. They would have been forever banished from God’s kingdom.
. A. Numbers 1 and 2
. B. Numbers 2 and 3
. C. Numbers 2 and 4
. D. Numbers 1 and 3
. Answer: D (Mosiah 1:4)
181. (H-E) After king Benjamin had made an end of speaking to his sons, he gave them charge over all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. The affairs of the kingdom.
. B. The records which were engraven on the plates of brass.
. C. Lehi’s tents.
. D. The sword of Laban.
. E. The ball or director.
. Answer: C (Mosiah 1:16)
182. (H-M) Concerning the ball or director which king Benjamin gave his sons, all of the following are true EXCEPT:
. A. It led their fathers through the wilderness.
. B. It contained three spindles or pointers.
. C. It was prepared by the hand of the Lord that their fathers could be led.
. D. Those that possessed the director were led according to the heed and diligence which they gave unto the Lord.
. Answer: B (Mosiah 1:16)
183. (D-M) When king Benjamin’s fathers were unfaithful during their journey to the promised land, all of the following happened
. to them EXCEPT:
. A. The cloud by day and pillar of fire by night were removed and no longer guided them
. B. They did not prosper nor progress.
. C. They were driven back.
. D. They incurred the displeasure of God upon them.
. E. They were smitten with famine and sore afflictions.
. F. They were stirred up in remembrance of their duty.
. Answer: A (Mosiah 1:17)
184. (H-M) Mosiah, king Benjamin’s son, did all of the following EXCEPT:
. A. He did as his father had commanded him.
. B. He proclaimed unto all the people in the land of Zarahemla that they should gather themselves together.
. C. He proclaimed unto all the people that they should gather together at the holy temple.
. D. He proclaimed unto the people that they should hear the words which his father should speak to them.
. E. He told the people to bring food and water sufficient to last them a full week.
. Answer: E (Mosiah 1:18)
Click here to return to the top of this quiz section
Click here to return to the Book of Mormon menu page
Click here to return to the Main Menu page