Astronomy — Pluto
- Distance from the Sun: 3,661,000,000 miles
- Time for one solar circuit, in Earth years: 248 years
- Miles traveled in one solar circuit: 23,000,000,000
- Time for one axial rotation, in Earth hours: 6 days
- Orbital speed: 10,000 mph
- Diameter: 2,300 miles
- Pluto’s orbit is inclined 17 degrees relative to the plane of the solar system.
- Pluto is composed of ice and rock, and it has no atmosphere.
- Surface temperature of Pluto: -350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Moons: it has one moon, named Charon. Charon is 800 miles in diameter.
- Pluto’s mass is 1.3 x 1025 grams, roughly 12 times that of Charon but only 1/5 that of Earth’s Moon.
Click here to return to the Astronomy index page