The families (wife and children) of our currently-serving apostles
Following are the families of our fifteen currently-serving apostles:
- Russell M. Nelson and Dantzel White Nelson had 10 children, 1 son and 9 daughters. Sister Nelson passed away on February 12, 2005. Elder Nelson married Wendy L. Watson on April 6, 2006.
- Dallin Harris Oaks and June Dixon Oaks had 6 children, 2 sons and 4 daughters. Sister Oaks passed away on July 21, 1998, and Elder Oaks married Kristen M. McCain on August 25, 2000.
- Melvin Russell Ballard and Barbara Bowen Ballard have 7 children, 2 sons and 5 daughters. Sister Ballard passed away on October 1, 2018.
- Jeffrey R. Holland and Patricia Terry Holland have 3 children, 2 sons and 1 daughter.
- Henry Bennion Eyring and Kathleen Johnson Eyring have 6 children, 4 sons and 2 daughters.
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf and Harriet Reich Uchtdorf are the parents of 2 children, one son and one daughter.
- David A. Bednar and Susan Kae Robinson Bednar are the parents of 3 sons.
- Quentin L. Cook and Mary Gaddie Cook are the parents of 3 children, 2 sons and 1 daughter.
- D. Todd Christofferson and Katherine Jacob Christofferson are the parents of 5 children, 4 sons and 1 daughter.
- Neil L. Andersen and Kathy Sue Williams Andersen are the parents of 4 children, 2 sons and 2 daughters.
- Ronald A. Rasband and Melanie Twitchell Rasband are the parents of 5 children, 1 son and 4 daughters.
- Gary E. Stevenson and Lesa Jean Higley Stevenson are the parents of 4 sons.
- Dale G. Renlund and Ruth Lybbert Renlund are the parents of one daughter.
- Gerrit W. Gong and Susan Lindsay Gong are the parents of four sons.
- Ulisses Soares and Rosana Fernandes Morgado Soares are the parents of two sons and one daughter.
Total number of children in these 15 families . . . . . . . 66
Total number of sons in these 15 families . . . . . . . . . 34
Total number of daughters in these 15 families . . . . . 32
Average number of children in these 15 families . . . . 4.3
Average number of sons in these 15 families . . . . . . . 2.3
Average number of daughters in these 15 families . . 2.1
Largest number of children in any one family . . . . . . 10
Largest number of sons in any one family . . . . . . . . . 4
Largest number of daughters in any one family . . . . . . 9